Monday, 3 January 2011

and in the beginning....

I love reading blogs.I seem to have become addicted to them and get really excited when I discover a new one to mull over with a cup of coffee and a couple of Hobnobs. I do feel ever so slightly guilty reading what other people are up to. Am I being a bit of  a Peeping Tom? Surely they are meant to be read by friends and family rather than by any old Joe Bloggs. (No pun intended!) I often marvel at how talented my new blogger "pals" are. They seem to write witty, informative articulate posts with ease. Does that come with practice or are they just naturally gifted ? I have my favourite blogs. Those that I read regularly and wait with baited breath for their next instalment. After several months I have even started writing comments. I just hope that they aren't wondering who this stranger is to make comments to what is in reality another stranger. What I have noticed is that there is quite a community amongst bloggers. Always ready to offer support, encouragenent and praise to one another. How good is that!

So why do I want to join this community and write my very own blog? Well, for as long as I can remember I have happily written reams and reams to at first penpals, then e friends and of course, my real life friends. I love a good ramble, although at times I find myself staring at the screne wondering how best to phrase something or what would be the best word to use. Can you suffer from writers block without truly being a writer? So, I thought that this would be a good time to widen my horizons and explore new avenues by creating my own blog. I am the first to admit that I am a total novice when it comes to working out how to use a computer. Yes, I can Google, Twitter and Facebook, but ask me to cut and paste and I start to flounder. So please don't expect miracles. It might be a while before my blog is anything but basic. I will try my best to make it visually appealing with a little help from my IT  savvy family. Just be a little patient with this newbie please.

Enough of my wittering on for now. I'm a one finger typer so it takes an age to compose anything. Next time I will tell you what this fifty something bride to be intends to write about. Until then, take care and good night. x

4 comments:

  1. Take pleasure in your new blog, Brigitte. I've been writing blogs for two years and enjoy them. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magdi. I've now changed the spelling and feel much better. Perhaps I will come to you when I need technical advice.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere and good luck with all your wedding planning, it all sounds very exciting!

    Thanks for linking to my blog too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz for taking a peek at my little blog. I'm new to this blogging malarky and still have a lot to learn. It means a lot to me to see that someone is actually looking at my efforts.

    ReplyDelete