Monday, 7 March 2011

Back again!

Oh dear! I seem to have rather ignored my blog of late so apologies to one and all. Of course I was away for a week so I had a good enough reason to give blog writing a bit of a holiday too, but I've been back for just over a week now, so there really is no excuse to why I've been a little lazy putting pen to paper, or rather finger to key!
Things are a little quiet on the wedding front as there is little I can do until my divorce is finalised. It's a little frustrating to say the least, but me and Mr R did discuss dates the other day. We decided that the last Saturday in  May 2012 would be ideal. Days are long and hopefully warm in late May and flowers in gardens are usually at their best. Then I remembered that my eldest may well be in the middle of uni finals around that time, so I'm going to have to chat to him about that, but there's no rush.At least not whilst the wheels of the legal system turns slowly! Talking of my darling son, I had a lightbulb moment the other day ! His degree is in film. He has learnt how to handle a camera, produce, direct and edit films...Bingo! He and his mates can be our videographers! As long as we get good wedding photos, it wont be the end of the world if the video is a little amateurish. It will however mean alot to me that my son had made it. I've a feeling too that he would rather be doing that, than having to make small talk with great aunt Flo!
My smashing "Big Boy" who wont thank me for posting this photo of him!

Our holiday in wonderful Cornwall seems an age ago now even though we've been back just over a week. Of course it's sods law that we had  rubbish weather for almost the whole week away, and it's been almost wall to wall sunshine ever since we returned. I'm sure the views would have been glorious, but it was difficult to see them when there's a constant sea mist. But you don't go on holiday in February expecting lovely weather do you. We instantly fell in love with our little cottage. A mixture of Cath Kidston, Heals, work by local artists  and Farrow and Ball colours on the walls. My favorite time of the day was in the morning sitting at the kitchen table reading my book with a cuppa watching passers by on their way down to the harbour front.
My favorite room in the house

Mr R and I love to eat out on holiday. I think that I only used the cooker once. That's the good thing about holidays when the kids grow up and wouldn't be seen dead going away with the oldies.You can afford to eat out more often and you're not restricted to chicken nuggets and burger menus.Although to be fair both my boys have adored sea food from an early age and lived on mussels whenever we were by the sea. Cornwall has more than it's fair share of great eating places. We really were spoilt for choice. I think that Mr R breathed a sigh of relief when he discovered that we were a bit too far away from the likes of Mr Oliver's and Stein's eateries to enjoy a lunch or two, but we did find some real corkers. 
The Beach at Sennen. Fantastic views and a great Sunday lunch.
Ben's Cornish Kitchen at Marazion. Fantastic food. The yummiest twice baked cheese souffle ever!
The Gurnards Head near St Ives. We couldn't get in the first visit so booked for the next day. Lovely pub with rooms. Great food.
2 Fore Street in Mousehole. Fantastic fish and only two minutes walk from the cottage.
Anne's Pasties at Lizard village. The best pasties in the world!
And of course no holiday would be complete without fish and chips eaten on the harbour wall.Even if it is a bit drizzley!


After such a fab time, I'm now feeling unsettled. Oh, how I would love to upsticks and make our home by the sea in the far west of Cornwall. Totally impractical of course.But who knows, nothing's impossible!


Until next time.


Lots of love
Brigitte xx



 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time. I would love to live by the sea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just realised you put a picture up of me. Was it the only one you could find where you weren't hideously outraged by it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it's a lovely photo of you :-D

    ReplyDelete