Monday, 23 May 2011

My wish list....part one!

The subject of this post has been simmering away on the backburner for the last few weeks. I've been sitting here scratching my head trying to make a wish list of "Things To Do Before I Die" and so far my list is pretty pathetic in length. Either I'm quite content with my lot or I have a rubbish sense of adventure and imagination! I recently read a magazine article in which the writer made a wish for each of the fifty years of her life.That's a lot of wishes! I asked friends for inspiration. Sky diving, wingwalking and Bungee jumping were a few suggestions. Obviously someone with a greater sense of adventure than myself! My wishes are pretty tame in comparison! So without any further ado, here's my decidedly shorter list !
1. Sail around the Greek Islands. My dream holiday for years has been to charter a yacht and sail from island to island. Dropping anchor, swimming in the warm Aegean Sea. Eating in charming beachfront tavernas. All very Zorba the Greek with a little bit of Shirley Valentine thrown in for good measure !

2. Learn to sail......a necessity if I'm to achieve wish number 1 !

3. Wear high heels....and gain a few inches. Then I can talk to Mr R's chest rather than his navel! Might need stabalisers though to stop me from falling off them!
4. Own a coffee or tea shop. I love the idea of being my own boss. I love to bake and making people happy. Wether I have any business sense is another matter!

5.Go to a spa. The nearest I have ever been to a bit of pampering is a pedicure in my local hairdressers.

6.Drive onto a motorway with my eyes open!! Hope no traffic cops are reading this!!

7.Cuddle a newborn piglet. I've been assured on good authority that this is a "must do"

8.Visit New York. I just need to get plane phobic Mr R in the air!

9.Ride a bike without wobbling. They say that you never forget to ride a bike....there are exceptions!

10. Be the proud owner of a Kitchenaid food mixer. Some people go gaga over shoes, for me it's kitchen equipment.
11. Learn to paint. I need to unleash the inner Monet, Picasso et al in me!

12. Write a childrens book. I used to make up the tales of a certain Mrs Flowers and her pals as bedtime stories for the boys when they were little. Even now they remind me of her wild adventures!

13.Live in Bristol, preferably in a Victorian town house. I've never lived in anything but a modern house. How I dream of bay windows,fireplaces,ceiling roses!

14. Wear skirts, but first I need the lumpy,bumpy varicose veins attending to.

15. See my boys, happy, fulfilling their own dreams and making successes of their lives.

This list is by no means complete and every now and again I'll be adding to it. But this will do for now!

1 comment: