Sunday, 6 May 2012

Mountains and molehills !

Is it just me, or does time pass at the rate of knots the nearer the big day approaches. I feel rather guilty that I've ignored my little blog for far too long, but to be honest, I seem to have been tied up, not literally of course, with all of this wedding planning malarkey. To put things right, I've made a new month resolution to find time to keep my blog up to date, even if the posts are a little shorter, which to be honest is probably good news for my readers. The days of my long rambles might just be numbered ! 
No more falling asleep reading my epic length rambles !

I have a bit of a dilemma! Is it ok to appear to use other peoples ideas ? As you know, our wedding will have a slightly vintage Paris feel  to it. I've been trawling through blogs for months now looking for inspiration and ideas and have a clear vision of  how I want our venue styled. 
A few months ago I came across a wedding featured on a blog that was held at our venue. The photos were amazing, the bride stunning, and the groom dashingly handsome. I loved how they had styled the venue because it was almost how I had envisaged styling it myself. Lots of jamjars and mismatched containers full of beautiful flowers, bunting and vintage plates . Now I worry that if on the unlikely off chance our wedding photos were to be featured on a blog, would the similarities be spotted and then I would be criticised for pinching the couples ideas or maybe congratulated for recognising someone else's great taste and style? Of course it won't look identical...that would be just wrong, but the similarities will be there.
 I know that I really shouldn't fret and am probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it now seems that the nearer the wedding day I get the more likely that I am confusing mountains and molehills. My goodness...does that mean I'm starting to stress!!




6 comments:

  1. Hi, glad you're back. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be back Evie and lovely to see your comment here :-) If it were the other way around, I would be delighted and made up if someone copied my ideas. Oops...that sounds as though I copied. I didn't...honestly :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley @thecakebug6 May 2012 at 12:35

    I am sure they would be flattered. My friend is having the same purple theme as me but completely different venue and style - I was a bit taken aback at first but my hubby pointed out that she was marrying someone else not him and that I should be flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have bunting, jam jars etc theses days that it would be no surprise if there are similarities in weddings held at the same venue.We have an Eiffel Tower though. Bet they didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley @thecakebug7 May 2012 at 01:46

    Very true - Eiffel tower sounds great. I would have loved all the bunting, jam jars, etc but it didn't really go with the venue. Sounds like you have everything sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much. Just the little details now to keep an eye on. Next important thing is sorting out Mr R's suit. Not an easy thing to do as he's not an easy size to find!:-)

    ReplyDelete