Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Le wedding....part deux!

Time to put the kettle on again and settle down to carry on reading about me and my very soon to be husband's very special day.

Now where was I? Oh yes...I'm all ready and raring to go!
Getting down two flights of stairs was easier said than done. They were steep and narrow and I'm rather out of practice when it comes to combining stairs with heels and a long skirt. Let's just say that I wasn't the most elegant looking bride at this point!
My two gorgeous sons arrived at this point looking very dapper in their smart suits but obviously very nervous. Boy, was I proud of the pair of them! Before I knew it, the car had arrived and it was time to brave the rain and try and get in the car without a) ending up with a soggy hem and b) ruining my hair. Thank god for golf umbrellas and an army of dress lifter uppers!
The journey from the hotel to Goldbrick House took all of 10 minutes. Not enough time for any nerves to kick in. But in all honesty, I have to say that I didn't feel even a tiny twinge of nerves all day. Just excitement and pure happiness. The months of waiting and planning were finally over and me and my Mr R were finally going to be married !
On arriving at our venue, Sam, my eldest and I were whisked off to see the registrar. Poor Sam, he was such a bag of nerves. He was so worried about accompanying me down the aisle. My confident laid back son needed a mum to give him a hug and tell him to please stop fretting!
A few minutes later the pair of us were waiting at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the ceremony room. The music had started to play and I needed to get my timing right and start off a specific point in the music so that I wouldn't arrive too late or too early. We had chosen Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Marricone not only because we loved it but also in memory of Mr R's dad.
I reached the top the the stairs and there was my gorgeous Mr R waiting for me. I couldn't help but smile and feel my heart jumping in my chest.A few seconds later I was by his side and holding and squeezing his very damp hand.
The ceremony was beautiful. It was personal to us and we made our vows in clear stong voices. Jack, my youngest read the first reading "The One" beautifully and my Mr R's sister read "A Lovely Love Story" by Edward Monkton. This was a little story of two dinosaurs meeting each other and even though they have very different characters, they fall in love. Just like the two of us!
Before we knew it, we were declared husband and wife and after being allowed to seal our marriage with a kiss, do a bit of signing, it was time to move on. We were supposed to leave to the wedding march from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, but somehow we ended up with the registrar signing music, but do you know what, we didn't really notice, and nor did anyone else!


























So,I think that's enough to be going on with for now.It's going to be a busy old day for me as I need to do a million and one things before we leave for France tomorrow (Whoopie...honeymoon time at last!) I'm hoping that I can squeeze in the final instalment before the end of the day. So fingers crossed that I don't get too distracted and can keep on track.But I'm a number one procrastinator so it'll be a miracle if I do ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment